Oh Monday, we meet again…
The weekend was pretty good. A few ups and downs. More ups than downs, I reckon, but a few of both all the same.
- UP – my friend came back from her 6 week trip to England
- DOWN – her and her bf were so smitten and adorable it made me miss that cutesy-ness Andrew and I used to have. (Though Andrew reminded me it’s not fair to compare a couple who hadn’t seen each other in 6 weeks to a couple who’s been living together – and seeing each other every day – for over 2 years).
- UP – went out to a comedy festival Friday night. Must have laughed off at least 250 cal!
DOWN – went out for Thai food after the show
- UP – didn’t go out for any high-calorie food after the show
- DOWN – didn’t go out for food because Andrew & I got in a small fight (more accurately, a slight disagreement because we were tired) and went home instead.
- UP – did an awesome photoshoot on Saturday with a new model
- DOWN – it was raining and cold for the entire shoot
- UP – the photos turned out awesome all the same.
- DOWN – Andrew had to work all weekend
- UP – We met up during his lunch break Sunday to hit the gym anyway
- UP/DOWN – I am super sore from said workout today.
As I said, more ups than downs and the downs weren’t really all that bad.
I’m late on updating my weight/measurements. I didn’t do it last week because of that time and I didn’t want the bloating etc influencing my results. Of course, I think I’m also putting it off because I don’t think there’s been much change this month and I’m trying to avoid disappointment. sigh.
Will try to remember to get that done tomorrow morning, though. Measurements, at least. I can’t do weight at home anymore since selling my Wii Fit “scale”. No more putting it off. If nothing else, it’ll be motivation for the gym over the next few weeks!
Do you put things off because you know you haven’t done as well as you were hoping to? If you do weigh in/measure and you haven’t changed since last time, what do you do to get motivated? Do you change anything to improve your chances of seeing results next time?